CryptPad is developed by XWiki SAS, a French software company that has been producing open-source code since 2004. We are currently looking to hire for several new roles on our team.
Skip to open roles
We strive to provide an environment that is conducive to a good work/life balance. This includes:
- 7 hour work day
- 25 vacation days per year (in addition to French statutory holidays)
- 4.5 day work week
We have offices in Paris, France and Iaşi, Romania with subsidies for public transit or cycling. For those who prefer partial or fully remote work, a monthly budget for home office accommodations is available.
As a small company, we aim to help our team members grow. We provide opportunities for training and acquiring new skills, and we prefer to promote existing team members into leadership roles.
Our work is public research. There are opportunities to travel to conferences and/or publish papers if you wish to do so.
A portion of our funding comes from European and French grants. Funding from these sources can only be spent on salaries in the relevant jurisdiction. For this reason we will prefer candidates from France or other European Union member states.
We are able to provide support for immigration to very promising candidates from beyond the EU.
What we look for
Our current team primarily works remotely with flexible working hours. Since we work across several timezones we expect new team members to be able to manage their time well according to whatever schedule makes them the most productive. We avoid micro-managing and working overtime.
Qualities we value in a candidate include:
- Experience/interest in digital privacy issues
- Experience/interest in web-browser technologies
- Familiarity with open-source software practices and communities
- Good communication skills
- English fluency, one additional spoken/written language preferred
- Nice to have: PhD graduate in a related field
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with a CV attached and a brief introduction. Please include links to any relevant projects, profiles, code repositories, or contributions to open-source projects if applicable. Finally, please include the job title in the subject line so we don't miss it.
The following roles are intended mostly as examples of what responsibilities need to be filled. Don't hesitate to apply if you don't fit neatly into one of these categories. In practice we often do multiple things.
We are interested in incorporating skills we don’t already have, so don’t panic if you’re unfamiliar with anything listed below.
We're seeking a front-end developer with a focus on accessibility
- Help design and implement intuitive privacy controls and productivity-enhancing features
- Contribute to making CryptPad's user interface more standardized and accessible
- Improve accessibility towards making CryptPad fully WCAG compliant
Salary range: €35K - €45K yearly gross incl. bonus and extras (based on French tax regime)
Privacy and Cryptography Engineer
We're seeking a software engineer with a focus on privacy and security. Recent PhD graduates in relevant fields are highly encouraged to apply.
- Review code and identify security risks in new and existing features
- Make security recommendations to peers on the development team
- Apply a user-centric approach, making cryptography and security useful to people
- Implement and maintain CryptPad's privacy roadmap
Salary range: €45K - €60K yearly gross incl. bonus and extras (based on French tax regime)
We're seeking a full stack developer with experience deploying and maintaining web applications in a production environment
- Contribute to the release process: code review, quality assurance, manual and automated testing
- Participate in research projects, designing architecture for new features on the server and client
- Contribute to the OnlyOffice code-base to improve integration with CryptPad
Salary range: €50K - €60K yearly gross incl. bonus and extras (based on French tax regime)
more jobs at XWiki
Our parent company XWiki is also hiring, please check their jobs page for more information